Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New GoCard

My GoCard hadn't yet turned up, and I doubt it will now. It was unfortunate, but shit happens. I bought another one to replace it, but I only have the crappy Brisbane Transport plastic case to keep it in instead of my leather Disneyland pouch. I'll call the transport people in a few days, but I'm not holding my breathe waiting for it. It's actually annoying that I can't just keep my GoCard in my wallet like other people can, because the chip in my GoCard will apparently interfer with the chip in my student ID card. I'm not sure what they'll do to each other, but I don't want to screw either of them up.

2 comments:

nat said...

Why do you think the two cards would interfere with each other? It's hard to see how that could happen. The only problem I could imagine might be if you had both of them in the same wallet and touched that wallet onto a reader - then the signals from the reader might perhaps interfere with both cards?? Although even that seems unlikely.

Sean said...

Apparently it's just that you can't have them together when you want to swipe on/off, because the gocard reader tries to read the student card instead, which makes more sense then them interfering when next to each other in a wallet or something.