Monday, May 05, 2008

Domhnach

Today we went to the most popular Irish tourist attraction: The Guinness Storehouse. I was impressed and surprised by the museum, and had a great time there. I think everyone visiting Baile Átha Cliath should do it. I've uploaded quite a few photos of the visit, including a few taken in the bar at the top of the factory, where each visitor receives his/her free pint of the blonde in the black dress. The view from this bar over Dublin was spectacular, and the weather was perfect.

The pint was delicious, and I think a good number more are going to follow its path through my digestive system in the future.

After the Guinness Storehouse, we visited a lot more of Dubhlinn, including the famous statue of a famous Irish Lass, Molly Malone, otherwise known as 'The Tart with the Cart', 'The Dish with the Fish', 'The Trollop with the Scallop' and probably numerous others. It's said that she was celibate... she'd celibate here, celibate there...

We were planning on taking a river cruise along the Liffey, but changed our minds when we discovered that the cruises had been cancelled for the afternoon due to an extremely low tide.

Dinner on Sunday night was at an Irish restaurant called Flanagan's, where we were served by a waitress from Toowoomba. We both had Irish stew, which was delicious, but filling. I thought I was going to explode. It was so filling that I wasn't able to entirely finish off my dessert!

Check out some electronic photographs of Sunday in Dublin here.

No comments: