Saturday, June 02, 2007

Concert today

The wind orchestra that I am currently a member of had a concert today in a far-off land known as Boonah. For those who don't know, Boonah is past Ipswichland. The concert was rather pointless, especially considering the vast distance covered in order to travel there. It was supposed to be in support of a Red Cross blood donation drive and while there was certainly a Red Cross blood van next to the performance venue, there wasn't really anything else. Including an audience. It was an outdoor concert on a cramped "stage" which meant that it was awkward to play and the sound was crap anyway. I think, for the most part, we played acceptably, but the only audience members, as far as I could tell, were imported by other members of the band - ie, mothers, spouses etc of members, rather than members of the general public. I really wish I hadn't bothered going to this one, as my absence wouldn't have really made a significant difference to the outcome of the performance anyway.

No comments: