Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's been a while

I has been a while since my last post. The last one was number 222, which is a cool number, in my opinion.

What has happened since my last post?
Well, I went to Sunrise Beach for the Easter weekend with my mother, younger brother and dog. It was a great weekend, though the weather was a bit cold due to the wind. I don't mind if I don't get to swim, so this didn't bother me too much.
Nie jeszcze mieszkam w domu mojej mamy. Mieszkam w domu kata teraz, w jerongie. Nie wiem dlaczego, ale nie chce pisac to w jezykiem angielskiegim(?). (Chcialbym mowic dobrze po polsku ale nie moge. Szkoda.)
Mark was up from Melbourne for a week, so I caught up with him, and other people, last Friday night. 'Twas a nice evening.
I'm still teaching an exam preparation course, and it's week 5 of a 12-week course. I'm starting to get concerned that some of my students won't pass the test, though that's not really my fault; I can't do the test for them.
J'irai a Mont Bunya le weekend prochaine. J'y irai avec quelques amis. Nous esperons qu'il fera un peu froid, mais assez chaud pour promener au dehors. Je vous dirai comment la vacance ira.
Kat's brother went to Taiwan for a couple of weeks with his girlfriend (who is Taiwanese). They returned at the weekend and thanks to them, I am now the proud owner of a 2GB USB memory stick. It's tiny. I've attached it to the supplied cord as otherwise I'm sure I'd misplace it. It's approximately the same size as a tiny memory stick. I can't be bothered measuring it or thinking of something more appropriate to use as a comparison.
Anything else worth writing?
I think not. Except that I have just finished drinking a cup of coffee*. It was good coffee, made with a Breville espresso machine, and good quality coffee.

* I wrote "cup of coffee" because coffee is technically an uncountable noun, even though in spoken, everyday English, it is used as a countable noun.

4 comments:

Kat said...

You forgot to mention the waterproofness of said tiny memory stick. I plugged mine in for the first time today, and found myself slightly afraid that it would entirely disappear into the usb slot. No wonder it come with the string to attach.
Et je viens de decouvrir que je parle polonais. Au moins, je comprends le polonais.

Sean said...

Ah yes, the tiny memory sticks are waterproof. If only I had a waterproof laptop, I could use it in a swimming pool. :-)

C'est bien que tu puisse comprendre polonais. Le langue n'est pas comme les langues que tu as etudie.

Anonymous said...

Isn't there something technically wrong with drinking a cup of coffee? I mean, you don't actually drink the cup - just the coffee in it.

And yes, I can vouch for the coffee being good from that coffee maker - assuming you didn't get a new one in the last two weeks :)

Sean said...

Well, only if you think of drinking a cup as being the physical entity of the cup that you consume, as opposed to a cup in the measurement sense (ie. 1 cup = 250ml), in which case it's acceptable.

It's still the same coffee maker that you are familiar with.