Monday, April 24, 2006

Another update after yet another hiatus

The weekend before last I went to Sunrise Beach for the Easter period, as mentioned in my last entry. The weather was nice, with rain only happening on one evening.


Last weekend was mostly taken up with Angie and Michael's wedding. Friday afternoon and night was spent in the Rendezvous hotel near central station with Michael and Archie.

The hotel room was quite nice, and comfortable, although the mattresses were a little on the hard side. Archie and I spent most of the night trying to "calm" Michael's nerves. (And by "calm" I mean "exacerbate")

The wedding took place on Saturday, at St. Stephen's Cathedral in the city.

It was a nice ceremony, and I was a little nervous because I was in control of the rings, and I had terrible images in my head of dropping the rings and then having to chase them across the marble alter only to just miss them as they rolled into a drain somewhere. The best quote was when the priest said that Angie and Michael would be using "simple words" to say their vows.

After the wedding, we (the bridal party) were whisked away in a long car (it was the longest stretched limo in Queensland) to the gardens for some photos. I counted at least 9 seatbelts in the back section of the limo, so we had plenty of room and weren't fighting for space for our legs or climbing over the top of each other.



After the photos, we went to the reception, held at Custom's House. The venue was fantastic, the food was great and I think the whole evening turned out brilliantly. I was nervous about the speech that I was required to give, but it was okay in the end.


The wedding cake was delicious. I had a slice of the bottom (I think) layer, which was chocolate mud cake. Angie and Michael sensibly only had fruit added to the small top layer and didn't inflict it upon anyone.

No comments: