Monday, September 26, 2005

Sould weather icons be allowed to editorialise?

I have weather icons on the bottom of my mozilla firefox that tell me what's happpening and what will happen in Gliwice. Usually these icons say normal things like "sunny 18 degrees" or "rain 17 degrees" etc. but occasionally they feel the need to add feelings like "sunny and pleasant" or even "overcast and miserable". How does the icon know what I like? how does it decide if it is pleasant or miserable? What if I really like overcast days?

Today the icon decided to tell me that there will be a "stray thunderstorm". What does that mean? Are most thunderstorms kept on a tight leash but this one escaped?

Right now it is "Sunny, 20 degrees, Wind SSE, 2m/s" which I think is quite pleasant weather, but the icon doesn't explicitly agree with my opinion, though it doesn't explicitly disagree either.

2 comments:

Aggie said...

Where can I get this plugin?

Sean said...

The extension is called "Forecastfox 0.8.2.1" and I got it from the mozilla firefox extension page, but I'm not sure exactly where, but maybe you can do a search for it.